Tuesday 19 October 2010

Lazin' about...







I decided to have a couple of days off to regroup and rest before starting my next 2 days of workshopping, so I had a quiet travel day on monday. Actually I fell down the last 3 stairs at J's house and knocked myself about a bit ! Driving was ok, but walking around was very painful. I have bruises the size of eggs on my arms, and an ankle even less supple than usual, but the most pain is coming from my calf muscles and bones. Today is is slightly less stiff and achey, and I am hoping it can withstand the next 2 days of standing and teaching. It feels better when I move, but playing the piano will be a test!

Today we had a visit from 2 Paradisians who are holidaying in the 'metropolis' that is London, and they caught the train out to the depths of Sussex to come and see us and the grandchildren. We had such a lovely day, wandering around this Mediaeval market town, then picking up from school, followed by a splendid dinner at a nearby Harvester restaurant.

We all ate for Britain, a sure sign that a cruise is 'coming on' ! Salads, rolls, racks of ribs, half chickens spitroasted, and of course ice cream.

There was a delightful couple sitting on the next table who came over and presented us with a voucher for free ice creams for all of us............on reflection, there was no reason at all why they could not have benefitted from the free ice cream towers. What kind and generous folk they were.

The world is filled with good people, and sometimes I feel as though we need to be reminded of that !

Now off to bed to rest my bruised and battered body.
Zzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment