Tuesday 23 November 2010

Decking a few Halls





The Christmas stuff is well on the way - C has done a great job! The parts are almost all there, now the proverbial kick is what is needed to push the pieces on to a slicker and more refined end product.

It was also our Inner Sound AGM tonight so a short and sharp rehearsal followed by a meeting combined with a birthday cake for the afore mentioned chorus master - who had a migraine and was not able to come! So what did we do ? We ate it in fond memory of the young man's birthday, and had it filmed for his perusal at some point when his head is recovered enough to take the din!

They sang a lively and bright Deck the Halls, which I always feel has slightly humorous undertones what with the cheeky little Fa la la's, which we will milk for all they are worth. The English version of Quem Pastores is beginning to have the calm and tranquil 1 in the bar feel, and the ever popular Cantique de Noel by Adolphe Adam was as full bodied as a mature port!

The meeting had some down steppers from the Committee and some new blood, but sadly I must always be the musical director - nobody wants my job, but I hold out hopes for the chorus master's apprentice!

Back to normal tomorrow and then a day's respite before the friday exam schedule - I bet you will all be as glad as I will when sunday finally arrives! I promise the E word will not pass my keyboard for a few months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment