Monday 8 November 2010

Home Sweet Home



Home Sweet Home


Monday Nov 8th

I am finally at home, after travelling something in the region of 7000 miles or maybe even a few more. Anyhow, it certainly feels good to be home and put on the woodstove and RELAAAAXXxxxxxx. I do now know what the day is and which side of the Atlantic I am residing, but there is some residual exhaustion from all the travel. I know for sure though, that being in Paradise will soon smooth out all those tired wrinkles and put me back together once more!

I really start my second half of the term tomorrow when I have a heavy ish day, which includes a number of exam candidates. The dates, which are 26th and 27th Nov are approaching fast, and only a couple more lessons will be fitted in before D Day.

Hence the reason I insisted that all music was memorised before I left for my 'away mission', so I am hopeful that there won't be too many panics during the week!

Building up to the Christmas concerts is in full swing, and there have already been two rehearsals taken by my super hero young tenor who is being a Lampard apprentice, with a view to a full takeover of the company at some point in the future! They have gone well, but I still have to write an arrangement of The Little Drummer Boy this week, so they will have time to learn it in the next week or so. Therefore I must knuckle down and do it before the rehearsal next week.

I am not going to go to this week's session as I really need a few more days to recover, and I know they are in mighty good hands!

My lovely young Mezzo has a throat and Ear infection, one of my Basses has a stinking cold and cough, and another youngster is so croaky she can't speak - which is probably a great relief to her Mum ! Just a joke C !! I am hoping and praying that all illnesses will be caught, suffered and recovered from by the December concerts, last year we had to cancel one of them due to deep snow, and the other was depleted by the lack of the long distance travellers, so we need to try for two cracking good evenings with all singers shipshape and Bristol fashion.

Keep taking the Vitamin C chaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment