Saturday 4 December 2010

Keeping Smiling






Well, I thought the burned hand was surely the end of the disasters - but no!

During the last 24 hours I have had a veritable flood from a burst pipe in my roof.
It was an horrific happening, the bedroom, hall, bathroom and living room resembled wet room showers, and the water poured relentlessly through the top floor to the ground floor, and all in the other side of the house, is sodden and ruined.



I managed to get hold of the plumber quickly, but he had to travel for half an hour, and it took awhile to find the stop cock to cut off the water. Even when the pipe was mended and the water flow stemmed, it 'rained' for another couple of hours into the rooms.

The loss adjuster is coming in the next week, but until then I have no hot water, and no washing machine.

Oh dear, will the disasters never end ?

Thankfully, the music room is absolutely fine, and the stove is keeping me cosy and warm, and when all is said and done, I can boil the kettle for hot water.

So as you can imagine, there have been precious few notes in the house over the last 2 days, but plenty of calls to the house insurance people, lovely plumbers, sympathetic friends, and lots of offers of help.

Friends are the gold, silver and diamonds of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment