Wednesday 1 December 2010

Snowy Doings




The hand is much better, and I have full use of my keyboard fingers. It has healed very well and no real scarring or infection I think!

The exams were a roaring success, everyone did very well, and as the snow was forecast in copious amounts for last weekend I managed to push my Saturday candidates into the Friday! Thank the Lord I did. By Saturday morning the examiner was stuck in the white stuff at her hotel, she made a valiant effort to get to the village where that days' happenings were and had a nasty car bump. The exams were cancelled, and she was transported down South, so to speak, and that was the end of that.

The poor souls left high and dry for their own particular exam hell have to be rescheduled for the middle of December ! I am tempted to wonder if indeed the weather will actually be far worse then, so it may prove a fruitless effort of the part of the most understanding Examination Board ! We will see.

Also, as any readers now know, on Saturday morning I spilt a mug of very hot tea down my hand and arm which would have put a certain stop to any playing the piano for pupils on that said Saturday - so Lampardian candidates, in the words of the song there was 'someone to watch over you' !

The hand is healing well, so I am now railing to get back to playing, we had a good rehearsal last night, but you have no idea how murderous it feels not to be able to play the Christmas Carols ! I wait all year for those fleeting days when one can legitimately sing and play Hark the Herald Angels Sing, or my personal favourite O Little Town of Bethlehem. If anyone remembers so far back, I visited the statue of the clergyman in Boston, Mass., who was the composer of that lovely carol.

Anyhow, we more local folk braved the frost to rehearse, and I must say, made a mighty good sound under depleted circumstances.

'I'm Dreaming of a Not Too White Christmas.......................'

No comments:

Post a Comment