Friday 22 October 2010

Mounting Excitement





I had another great day with the Poor Clare sisters in Arundel. My poor leg was suffering at the end of the day, but we really pulled the Anima Christi anthem together brilliantly. We ended up in the beautiful but simple chapel where the acoustic is magical, and it sounded as though it were in a large cathedral.

They sing so well, even though I have not been for awhile and there were a few lazy vowels skirting around the liturgical edges! The whole, especially when it moves into 3 parts, sounded like honey in the chapel, where the walls are stone, the ceilings high, and even better than that, the sun was casting magical shadows on the white walls, through plain, but elegantly tall arched windows.

I had a good 'chat' at the end of the day with the Abbess and two other sisters whom I have known and laughed with for many years, and caught up on all the Arundel gossip, and left with them making me book another date with them before Easter 2011. I love my injection of contemplative life, and I have really missed it this last year, so it feels great to be back in the 'habit saddle' !

Well, we are off at 7am in the morning, and will fly from Heathrow at 10.35am if all is well and there are no delays.

From now on my blog will be my 'Travelogue', so I hope that does not disappoint any of my musical readers.

I can't wait to go on holiday, my grandchildren are at bursting point, so I don't think there will be much sleep tonight!

They normally jump on me at around 8am, if my daughter can rein them in until then, but this week they have been very good, as Seanmhair's poorly leg and arm could not have withstood the torture that is 'Under 8's ' in the morning ! The ibuprofen is doing wonders, and the colours of the bruises are seasonally autumnal - Lovely!

See you in New York,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment