Sunday 27 March 2011

Boarbank Hall, Cumbrian Paradise






Once again I am in the privileged position of staying in a most beautiful place. How lucky am I to be working in such tranquil and glorious surroundings? I am sitting at a desk in my room, the sun is shining and there is a thread of spring mist in the distance, just beyond which is a miraculous view of the 'Sands' in Grange over Sands.

I arrived an hour ago, greeted by Sr Anne at the station, and then we drove to the village wherein the Convent is set. In many ways the whole outlook is like a film set - I can only hope that film set 'finders' never find it! Although it may help the coffers I suppose!

These sisters also run a large Nursing Home, and all I can say is that if I were in need of such care then this is the place for me!

The journey was trouble free, and only a group of Manchester serial night clubbers who were on the train spoilt the overall peace. Live and let live however, they were very jolly !

I wish I had words to describe the quiet, I cab here a pair of blackbirds singing and nothing else - an acre of Paradise in Cumbria!

No work today, I begin tomorrow with a clean slate and - so I understand - some rather nervous sisters! Dear Sr Anne told them I was 'totally non threatening' ! Did you hear that in Paradise..........................!!

PS
Supper with the sisters was delightful, and as the Prioress hails from Consett, which is about 10 miles from my home, I am now completely ensconced, elegantly fed and watered still the sun is shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment