Wednesday 6 July 2011

'Jesus bid us Shine' and a scrumptious roast dinner...


...Like a little Candle, burning in the night.....


It has been awhile since I have had time to blog - but finally I am back at home and on holiday for the next 4 weeks! How blissful is that!

In September we are giving a concert of Sacred Music, and so I have been looking for quite along time for some old Sunday School hymns for the little ones to sing. I trawled my music library, and then decided that I needed to look on the internet. The marvel that is 'Google' turned up both of the hymns I remembered for school and church.

I found the delightful 'Jesus bids us Shine', with the gorgeous line......you in your small corner, and I in mine......Is that just what we bloggers are doing? I write in my kitchen in Paradise, and some of you read from all the corners of the earth. That has got to be something mighty positive, and so wonderful for forging friendships and harmony throughout all 'small corners' which make up the big wide world !

Jesus bids us shine with a clear, pure light,
Like a little candle burning in the night;
In this world of darkness, we must shine,
You in your small corner, and I in mine.

Jesus bids us shine, first of all for Him;
Well He sees and knows it if our light is dim;
He looks down from heaven, sees us shine,
You in your small corner, and I in mine.

Jesus bids us shine, then, for all around,
Many kinds of darkness in this world abound:
Sin, and want, and sorrow—we must shine,
You in your small corner, and I in mine.




I also found 'Jesus Loves me this I know'......and although I really need the break, I am eagerly looking forward to teaching the said songs, and putting the 4 or 5 small people together and bringing back some rosy memories of Infant School, Methodist Sunday School, and listening to the wireless after a lovely roast dinner with my Mum's perfect Yorkshire Puddings.



Nostalgia reigns supreme this evening!

We have a something more to celebrate ! I had a call from FM, my very first Paradise pupil, a wonderfully rich mezzo soprano, whom I flew down to hear at the Wigmore Hall a couple of months ago. She was sitting on the steps of the Albert Hall opening her degree results. 4 years ago, she sat on the very same steps and called me with the fantastic news that she had been offered an unconditional place at the Royal College of Music. Well today, her voice held the same amount of excitement and quiver as she told me that she has gained a First Class Degree.

A good day indeed. Bursting with pride if you don't mind................

No comments:

Post a Comment