Saturday 3 March 2012

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud, via the MTR

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Studio 2

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Diverse life in Chai Wan, nature and machine

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The clever MTR, each line lights up to let you see exactly where you are!



It is Saturday and tomorrow I have my first day off in the week. I feel like I need a sleep in, but if I do I may sleep around the clock until Monday morning and work again! So a lovely American wind adjudicator and I are going to SHOP. I remember all those years ago when I was last here a gigantic Chinese department store on the famous Nathan Road, Kowloon called Yue Hwa. It seemed to furnish me with all the gifts I could (a Carry, and b) Afford ! So we are braving the MTR to Kowloon and keeping a tight grip on our credit cards!

There is also the Ladies Market in the same ish area, and I suggest that we will also do our bit for Sino British US relations by hitting that market too. One or two of the chaps have looked sheepishly into a shop, but will need to become a good deal more professional in their approach if they are to get anything lovely for their other halves!

I am again back at the Youth Studio today, and what a great place it is. A 14 storey ultra modern building with every available amenity for young people under 19. Not computer games, or TV, but learning libraries, fast Internet, sport, dance and music studios, a cafe, safe shops for school stuff, instruments, sports equipment etc. and all at cost price. There is a concert hall, and around six recital, theatre and Drama studios, and much more that I have not yet found.

I am in one of the drama studios, which has a wonderfully new piano as well as a great acoustic and air conditioning.

You can see from the photograph what a great venue it is, and how good to hold singing competitions in such high quality conditions. I heard a flock of 56 Cuckoo's Courtesy of Martin Shaw, sung by 7 and 8 year olds, and mighty fine they were too. One tiny soul in puffed up pink did actions and as the final phrase ' Goodbye to you' was sung she raised her hand and eyes to the sky and literally watched the bird fly away. I was transfixed, and very moved. It was so gentle, yet so very poignant.

Ah well, on with the motley, and 48 ' I wandered Lonely as a Cloud' words by Wordsworth - now there is a thought, do they have daffodils in Hong Kong ?


No comments:

Post a Comment