Tuesday 29 July 2014

Great Days and back home ( well nearly!)

We have had two superb days, one in Belfast where we visited the magnificent Titanic Experience ! Many thanks to Pam for suggesting it ! It was a clever and exciting museum, modern and interesting for Sara and I and the children - amazingly they were keen and interested for the whole time ! In my experience the two words 'museum' and 'child' do not always mix well, but this combination really hit the spot. They loved all the interactive stuff and they were genuinely interested in the story. C sort of knew about the Titanic story, mostly from Hollywood I imagine, and W knew nothing when we arrived, but by the time he left he could tell you how long the ship was and the colour of the the Captain's socks ! It was a real adventure even given that it was the only day so far when the rain was torrential.

We moved through the night on to Greenock, for Glasgow yesterday and once again the weather was like the amazon jungle on a hot day. No way was offered by the ship to be transported into the city, so I rang Lorayne to see if she knew a way - as a true Glaswegian I felt she would have the knowledge - well by happy chance she was in Glasgow when I rang, and she cheerfully volunteered herself as chauffeur, and within an hour we were zooming our way to the Glasgow Park where all the Commonwealth Games party activities were taking place! Quite apart from the children being thrilled to meet once again with the girl they still see as Jill Skinflint from Jack and the Beanstalk, it was super to have a trip with a local ! Many thanks Lorayne !

Now, as I write we are sailing past the North West corner of Skye, and I can practically see cars on the road - how weird is that ? On a cruise ship bigger than Bournemouth, yet looking out at home.

It is the first sea day today, so plenty of time for doing nothing, and nursing my sun burnt and heat prickled arms ! It is indoors in the air conditioning for me, though I imagine it will be a swimming fest for the rest of my family.

I want to tell everyone I meet.......see that wonderful view out there, that's where I live !!

Over the Sea to Skye - the long way round !

As I write - nearly as glitzy as the Hotel Titipu foyer !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment